Shipa shetty is an ultimate diva known for her slim waistline, flawless skin, lustrous hair, and stunning figure. Primarily known for her work in Hindi films, she’s one of India’s most popular and high-profile celebrity. Shilpa shetty diet plan will surely help all mommies to loose their excess weight.
After being crowned the winner of the TV series Celebrity Big Brother 5, people across the world became overly interested to know her fitness secrets. One cant help but admire the bundle of talent that shilpa shetty is.
She is 42 years old. Can you believe it? Even i cant!! I am a huge fan of her. The way she carries her stardom is remarkable.
She is gorgeous, dotting wife to Raj kundra, excellent cook, mommy to 6 year old Viaan and a fitness freak. She is currently judge for a dance reality show. All of us mommies should take inspiration out of shilpas life.
She is always in news, let it be her looks in every event, expensive gifts she gets from her husband, her cookery channel, her books(The Great Indian Diet and The Domestic Diva both are best sellers) and the list goes on.
Weight Loss After Pregnancy
Before giving birth to her son, the stunning beauty grew eighty pounds. To shed her post pregnancy weight, she started workout with light exercises such as cycling and walking. Initially, it was for 20 minutes and gradually increased the intensity of workouts.
To everyone’s surprise, within 10 months she lost 20 kg. With a new born baby, it is very difficult to shed extra ponds as the little one requires continuous attention. However, she executed her workouts when the baby was asleep in the afternoon.
Shilpa Shetty Diet Plan And Routine For Fit Body And Mind
Shilpa shetty diet plan and daily routine can be followed by anyone as it is very easy to follow.
1. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is an age-old remedy rooted in Ayurvedic medicine that uses natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. It is the act of swishing oil (usually Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut) in the mouth for up to 20 minutes to improve oral health.
Shilpa’s Oil Pulling
She use cold pressed coconut oil for oil pulling. Have 2 tbsp of it and roll around 7 to 10 minutes.
Benefits of oil pulling
- Can kill harmful bacteria in your mouth
- Could help reduce bad breath
- May help prevent cavities
- Reduce inflammation and improves gum health
2. Warm Water Cleansing
Shilpa drinks a glass of warm water before break fast as this act as cleanser for the whole body. This process also does detoxification.
Detoxifying and cleansing your body can promote weight loss, boost your energy, and help your body heal itself naturally from many symptoms, including digestive problems, acne, and inflammatory issues.
Detoxifying isn’t anything new, ancient Eastern medicines have been promoting detoxification for thousands of years. During a detox, the blood, intestines, and liver are cleansed by using fasting, stimulation, elimination, and nourishment.
We are surrounded by toxins everywhere, they are in our air, water, food, health and beauty products, household cleaners and work environment. The body stores the toxins it can’t get rid of and will eventually have symptoms such as infections, fatigue, skin problems, mental fog, or even weight gain.
A great way to detox your gut immune system is to do a hot water detox. Simply drink a mug of warm water (plain – no lemon or flavors) first thing in the morning.
The warm water will open up the drainage in your gut and allow toxins to flow out. Repeating this every morning will completely boost your immune system naturally!
3. Noni Fruit Juice
Noni is a fruit that earned its name as a super fruit due to its phenomenal antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is even been labeled as a wonder food.
Noni is known to help with joint pain and skin conditions. According to the latest research, it act as a healing tonic for cancer and chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
It is often found in combination with grape juice, probably because the grape juice helps in hiding the unpleasant, bitter taste it posses, but it can also be found in capsules, tablets and teas. Its popularity as a supplement has developed, mainly due to the flavonoids it contain, which provide noni juice its benefits.
Noni may remind you of a mango in size and colour, but it doesn’t contain the sweetness that the mango holds. It is bitter to the tongue and really more known as a healing tonic than a refreshing juice beverage.
Shipa have 4 drops of concentrated noni juice in empty stomach.
Benefits of Noni Juice
- Packs an Amazing Antioxidant Punch.
- Fights Pain Associated with Tumors.
- Combats Inflammation and Boosts Immunity.
- Helps Reduce Cholesterol.
- Provides Cellular Repair.
- Prevents Parasitic Disease.
- Gives lot of strength
Noni contains potassium and not be a good choice for anyone suffering with kidney problems. Some reports indicate that it may cause liver problems and should be avoided is you have liver disease.
It is best to check with your doctor, especially if you’re pregnant, breast-feeding or experiencing any health complications.
4. Yoga For Body And Mind
Shilpa swears by yoga. She started yoga 17 yrs ago when she had a neck injury and continues till now. Shilpa does lots of work out inspired by yoga. She do yoga not to loose weight, but for strengthening and toning her body. It is not just for the body, but for the mind too.
Shilpa started off with asanas like ashtanga, now practicing vinyasa. Shes is very much fond of soorya namaskar too.
According to shilpa it doesn’t matter which form of yoga you do. Try and keep it to the basics of inhaling and exhaling through out the asanas. This will help in oxygenate your muscles and rejuvenate your mind. Make sure that you don’t have a heavy stomach before doing yoga.
Her yoga DVD named Shilpa’s yoga is also famous in our country.
Benefits Of Yoga
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
Dont work out to loose weight but to be fit. Shilpa ‘s work out is a mixture of planks, perppies and core strengthening exercises. In the evenings also you can work out, but two hours after food.
Benefits Of Core Strengthening Work Outs
- Tightens the abdominal structures involved in movement and improves the transfer of power to and from the extremities.
- Teaches the muscles to work together efficiently and effectively.
- Aids in the prevention of injury.
- Can improve respiratory function.
- Facilitates proper distribution of weight and assists the body in absorption of force and transfer of forces.
- Enhances neuromuscular efficiency throughout the body and neuromuscular control for efficient movement and physical positioning.
- Improves spinal and postural control while the body is still and in motion.
- Helps to stabilize and align the spine, ribs and pelvis of a person to withstand static and dynamic force.
- Tightens and flattens the tummy.
6. Shilpa’s Break fast
Shilpa have two types of break fast, Vegetarian or non vegetarian. Her breakfast always starts early as her son goes to school. She try to keep her breakfast low sugar and so use natural forms of sweeteners like honey, powdered jaggery or coconut sugar.
she always make sure to have break fast between 7 :30 am to 8 am. Her breakfast can be
- High fiber breakfast usually oats or muesli coupled with fruits. Starting the breakfast with a raw food like banana, grated apples or blue berries. She always avoid artificial sweeteners and keep it natural.
- If she have to go for early break fast like before 7 am, she will have two breakfast one, a smoothie of banana,almond milk,raw oats,honey and second one by 10:30 am, that will be two eggs with avocado or whole wheat toast with butter then tea with coconut sugar.
Health Benefits Of Oats For Break Fast
Oats are rich in carbs and fiber, but also higher in protein and fat than most other grains. They are very high in many vitamins and minerals. It contain many powerful antioxidants, including avenanthramides. These compounds may help reduce blood pressure and provide other benefits.
Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious
- They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas
- Avocado is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
- Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber.
- Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels.
Health Benefits Of Eggs
Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk. The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
Shilpa will include 1 tbsp of ghee to her lunch some how. She doesn’t prefer long gap between meals. Lunch is the heaviest meal that she has in a day and it can be
- Brown rice or white rice, a chicken or fish (some kind of protein) one piece along with lot of veggies
- A bowl with salad leaves, chicken bits, brown rice, beetroot and she call it a yogi bowl
- Parattas with dal and sabzi
- Shilpa’s salad is very simple, comprise of cucumber and carrots along with little sea salt
- If crave for something sweet she will go for a piece of chikki after lunch
When you grill, you eat less fat because the excess drips off the grates.Vegetables on the Grill are Better for You. Meat Retains Nutrients. You Use Less Butter. Grilling Goes with outside activities.
8. Evening Snack
She prefer to have sandwich, eggs or boiled potatoes which keeps you from peckish before dinner followed by tea.
She follow few rules for dinner
- No raw food, no salads for dinner and prefer lighter meal
- Dinner by 7:30 pm
- Soups, it can be non veg or veg. Sabzi, dal or grilled food. Always try to make it low carb
- If craved will go for mushroom hot pot rice too
- Dinner with family always
Light Dinner Benefits
The advantages of having a light dinner are as follows:
- No overload on the digestive system: A lavish dinner means your digestive system working overtime. This is going to affect you physically as your body is busy digesting when you want to sleep.
- Promotes good sleep: Heavy late night meal most probably ends up as indigestion. Eating a light meal comprised of complex carbohydrates releases soothing hormones that help you sleep better. So opt for whole grain rice, rotis, veggies, for an early dinner.
- Blood sugar control: Eating a light dinner 1-2 hours before bedtime means well managed blood glucose levels. Complex carbs would also mean no late night low blood sugar.
- Energizing your soul: Eating an early light dinner means your brain and your digestive system are freed from digestion and nutrient extraction. This leaves them free for other work meaning you are full of energy.
Shilpa drinks lot of water and eat moderately. To look more chisel she have high fibre and low carb food. Includes nuts as snacks in between the meals. Basically shes a foody. Once in a while she have her favorites like lamb biriyani, deserts and her sunday binge is very famous now.
Besides all her work outs, yoga is the secret behind her fit body and mind. shilpa shetty diet is not that hard to follow.
I am sure her diet with proper workouts can transform any mommy to diva. so what are you waiting for? Try shilpa shetty diet plan and routine to feel the difference!