Today I bring to you the instant milk peda recipe that can be made in a jiffy!
Diwali has begun and all of you would be already soaking in the festive spirit.
Doodh peda, milk peda or paal peda is one of the simple recipes that can be prepared during Diwali or any festival.
Peda that we get from the markets are unhygienic and they add colors to it that are very harmful to health. So why not make yummy pedas at home with available ingredients in your pantry.
The traditional way of making doodh peda from scratch requires making of khoya or mawa at home. But I have an instant method of making doodh peda using condensed milk and milk powder. It hardly takes any efforts and can be prepared in minutes on stovetop.
So here goes my easy milk peda recipe.
Step by step instant milk peda recipe:
Before making the pedas, soak few saffron or kesar in a bowl of warm. Open the pistachios and keep them ready.
Heat a thick bottomed deep pan (preferably non-stick) and add 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee to it. Once you see the butter or ghee is heated properly, add one cup of condensed milk to it and keep stirring it for a minute till the ghee and condensed milk is mixed well.
Now add in one cup of milk powder to this and keep stirring till the milk powder and the condensed milk is incorporated well and forma a dough like consistency. Take care not to burn the mixture so always keep the flame in medium.
After a few minutes add in saffron milk, and mix till the color changes to a yellowish light cream color. Keep stirring and once you see the mixture has formed into smooth dough like consistency and the peda mixture has started to leave the sides of the pan switch off the stove.
Transfer the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool till it is bearable for your hands.
Once it cools, slightly grease your hands with ghee and make smooth balls out of the dough. Now gently flatten the balls by pressing with your finger. Garnish and decorate with pista or any dry fruits of your choice.
- Butter or ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Condensed milk - 1 cup
- Saffron - a few strands
- Milk - 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Pista - to garnish
- Soak a few strands of saffron or kesar in 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm milk and keep it aside.
- Open the pistas for garnishing and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick-bottomed deep pan and add butter or ghee to it.
- Once the butter or ghee is heated properly add condensed milk to it and keep string for a minute till the ghee and condensed milk is mixed well.
- Add in the milk powder to it and keep stirring to it on medium flame till it reaches dough like consistency.
- Now add in saffron milk and mix well till the color changes to a yellowish light cream color.
- Once you see the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and has formed into smooth dough like consistency switch off the heat and remove the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled to a bearable temperature slightly grease your hands with ghee and make smooth lemon sized balls out of the dough and slightly flatten the balls by pressing gently with your fingers.
- Garnish and decorate the milk peda with pista or any dry fruits of your choice.
- Saffron is optional. You can omit and make it as a simple peda
- A pinch of cardamom can be added for extra flavor
- Cook on a low flame to avoid burning.
- Since it is milk product you can store it in an ait tight container and refrigerate it. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
- You can make the pedas in any size you want big or small.
The gorgeous melt in mouth pedas are ready to be served. Enjoy with your family this Diwali.
Wrap them up in a gift box and give to your relatives and friends on this diwali.
Hope you like this article on how to make milk pedas the easy-peasy way. Do try this instant milk peda recipe for this Diwali.
Also try Palada Pradhaman Recipe, which is a yummy dessert, prepared in Kerala.
Do try it and let us know through comments below how it turned out.
What all sweet dishes do you prepare at home during festive seasons? Which is the easiest and yummiest sweet you have tried at home? Do share the recipe in the comment section for the fellow moms.