Don’t know what to do with all those cardboard that are lying in your house?
Do you know how to make picture frames from these card boards?
Being creative and putting in some efforts can up-cycle these cardboard trashes to awesome photo frames.
“Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that’s easy. What’s hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity” – Charles Mingus
Like writing, crafting is also very dear to me. I use recyclable materials to create best out of waste. The DIY photo frame is an interesting craft for your home decor.
Why make a photo frame?
Photo frames showcase our memories and takes us back to our happy moments. They do not just add to room decor but also show off your favorite pictures and vignettes from life too.
I love framing different moods of my little one. I just take prints of her pictures and frame the special moments.
I craft various things from cardboard, paper and other recyclable items but making varieties of photo frames is what keeps me busy the most ever since I started making it a year back.
The reason I am fond of handmade frames is because
- You can do custom picture framing as per the size of your photo. You do not have to go searching for the right sized frame.
- It gives me immense satisfaction to display the photos in these handmade frames.
- You can also craft different varieties of frames.
So let us try our hand at some do it yourself picture frames made of card board.
Simple and beautiful cardboard DIY photo frame:
- Chart paper (any color)
- Scissors/ cutter
- Sketch pens/ color pens (optional)
- Measure the size of your photograph, take a cardboard that is bigger. Draw a rectangle on the cardboard, around one inch bigger than the size of the photograph and cut it out. This will be the size of frame.
- Cover the cardboard with the chart paper. Take another chart paper and cut it to the same size as the cardboard.
Draw a rectangle on the middle of the chart paper, which is slightly smaller (around 1/2 -1 inch) than the photograph. Cut it out. The border of the frame is ready.
Glue the chart paper border over the frame covered with the chart paper.
Take a piece of cardboard, cut out a small rectangle measuring 2×5 cm, for the frame stand. You may change the size of the stand according to the size of your frame.
Glue the stand at the back of the frame.
- Now, decorate the border of the frame with the colors (optional). Insert the photo into the frame and decorate your living space with your artwork or gift it to your loved ones.
You can get more creative by using corrugated card boards. By cutting out frames of different shapes you can turn your simple frames into designer frames as you see in the picture.
Use your imagination and be as creative as possible. You may even make the collage frames using foldable card boards.
You may even involve your toddler by asking him to paint/ decorate the frame.
Now that you too can create your own picture frame, go and get busy crafting handmade photo frames to cherish the memories of different stages of your life.
It is said, “Every picture at different stage of a life has its own story”.
And yes, share your views and comments on how your photo frames turned out also let us know if you have any diy picture frame ideas.